A Plan can have one of the following dunning states:
- In Progress: The Master Plan Instance (MPI) is currently in a dunning state.
- Completed: The balance of the Master Plan Instance was not paid in full and dunning/collection attempts were unsuccessful.
- None: The Master Plan Instance is not currently in dunning.
You can view and manually change the Dunning State from the Plans screen of a specific Plan Instance.
Viewing and/or Editing the Dunning State
Getting Here: Select an Account > Plans > Plan Instance ID
- Click Dunning State. The following screen displays:
- Select the new Dunning State from the Dunning State dropdown.
Note: When a Master Plan Instance is manually placed into dunning, the Plan is placed into Dunning Step 1 as defined in the dunning process for the Master Plan Instance. Refer to Create a Dunning Process for more information.
- Select the step in the dunning process that the MPI should move to from the Move to Dunning Step dropdown.
Do either of the following:
- Enter the number of days to wait before moving to the next dunning step in the Days Until Next Dunning Step text box.
- Enter the date on which to move to the next dunning step in the Next Dunning Step Begins On text box.
- If the dunning step that you selected includes a late fee, specify whether to charge or suppress it by selecting or deselecting Automatically Charge Late Fee of NN.
- If the dunning step that you selected includes an email notification, specify whether to send or suppress it by selecting or deselecting Send notifications to customer using updated dunning step schedule.
- Enter your comments into the mandatory CSR Comments field that displays.
- Click Save.
Aria will complete dunning actions on the MPI based on the schedule and options that you specified.
- If you selected Automatically Charge Late Fee of NN, Aria will immediately charge the customer the late fee.
- If you selected Send notifications to customer using updated dunning step schedule, Aria will immediately email the notification to the customer.
- If you changed an MPI's dunning state from None to In Progress but the MPI does not have a balance due, then Aria will move the MPI out of dunning on the date on which the next dunning step begins. This applies to MPIs associated with either payment type: net terms or electronic.