You can delete (anonymize) a customer's personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). When you use this feature, personally identifiable account information such as a name, user ID, and location data will be hidden.
When customers ask you to cancel their account, you can anonymize their data by completing the steps described below.
- The changes made by anonymizing data are irreversible so, before completing that process, it is highly recommended that you:
- Record the customer's consent/confirmation; and
- Address any open charges, credits, unbilled usage, etc. with the customer.
- If you anonymize a parent account, the child account is not anonymized and vice versa.
You can also delete a customer's personal data using the delete_acct_data_m API call.
Provide Access to Account Anonymization
To give authorized users at your company access to account anonymization, in the Aria application:
- Go to Configuration > Security > Account Access > Account Overview.
- Click on the Pages tab.
- In the Account Security section, find Anonymize Account and ensure that On is selected so that the account anonymization feature is enabled for authorized users at your company.
- Select the Minimum CSR (customer service representative) Level required to access account anonymization.
- Click Save.
Anonymize an Account
To delete a customer's personal data, in the Aria application:
- Go to Accounts > Search > select an Account.
- Click on the Account Security tab.
- Click Anonymize Account.
- Select Anonymize Account.
- Click Save Changes.
This message appears under Anonymize Account "Account is anonymized".
On the Account Overview screen, this message appears in the Recent Comments section: "Account data has been erased permanently due to client request."
Personally identifiable account information is replaced with Xs and the user ID is replaced with a GUID (global unique identifier used for reference purposes) as shown below: