You can use Aria to process payments electronically and to record non-electronic payments received (such as checks received from a net terms customer). These payments are reflected in the customer's balance in Aria. See below for instructions to make a payment in Aria.
Make a Payment
Getting Here: Click Accounts > Search for and select an account > Payments & Credits
- Click Apply a Payment.
- Select a Payment Option.
- Payment Method (ex: Credit card, ACH, etc): Use either a credit card that is on file, or add a credit card for a one-time payment.
- Net Terms: Record a payment from a check or other non-electronic source.
- If you selected Payment Method (ex: Credit Card, ACH, etc), make a selection from the Payment Method drop-down to specify how the payment is to be collected.
- <Current Pay Method>: The name of the current electronic payment method on file for the customer. (Does not apply to customers with non-electronic payment methods).
- Alternate One-Time: A payment method different from the one on file for the customer. (This option does not change the payment method on file for the customer).
After selecting Alternate One-Time pay method, complete the additional fields that display.
- Alternate Billing Type: The available selections vary based on the payment methods that were added in your system settings.
- Credit Card Number
- Expiration Date
- Contact information for payment
- If you selected Net Terms for the Payment Option, enter the Payment Received Date and the Reference Code. The reference code is the reference number or check number for the payment. This reference or check number must be unique at the account level.
- Enter comments in the Comments field.
- Select how to apply the payment to the account in the Apply Against field.&
- Charges per standard FIFO method: Aria applies the payment using the FIFO (First In First Out) method. This means that the payment is applied to all unpaid charges until the payment amount is zero, starting with the oldest unpaid charge. This is the recommended method in most situations because it ensures the proper aging of charges, which determines when an account is past due and will enter or exit dunning.
- Invoices and other account-level charges: Payments are applied to invoices and other account-level charges. A table displays for you to choose which invoices or account-level charges to apply payment to, including a text field to input a specific amount.
- Services (Invoice line-items): Electronic payments are applied to services and/or invoice-line item charges. A table displays with a dropdown to select which Master Plan Instance charges to display. Charges to apply payment to are listed below, including a text field to input a specific amount.
- Collect Against:
- Account: The payment will be processed using the billing group associated with the master plan whose invoice(s) will be paid.
- Billing Group: When you select Billing Group, you can choose the billing group and payment method with which the payment should be processed.
Note: The billing group and payment method that you select may be different from the ones currently associated with the master plan whose invoice(s) will be paid.
- If you selected Charges per standard FIFO method for the Apply Against field, select the Amount to be collected.
- Balance: The full balance owed by the customer.
- Other Amount: An amount different from the full balance owed by the customer. A field displays in which you can enter the amount of the payment.
- Click Make Payment. A confirmation screen displays.
- Click OK. Your payment has been made.