Cloud Hub provides access to log data that includes deployment messages and events for each worker and Mule runtime engine logs. To view logs for applications deployed to Cloud Hub:
- In Any point Platform, select Runtime Manager.
- In the Runtime Manager Navigation menu, click Applications, and then click the application name.
- In the navigation menu, click Logs.
- In the Deployments section, filter the output by day, deployment, system log, and workers. To remove a filter, deselect the checkbox for the date
The arrow shows the checkbox to filter log output by deployment in the Deployments section
For each worker in a Cloud Hub deployment, you can download logs specific to that worker’s activity:
- In the Deployments section, select the date and worker for which you want to download logs.
- Click the download icon for the worker and select Logs:
- The arrow shows the icon to download log output by deployment in the Deployments section.
- Cloud Hub downloads the log output to a text file in the format deploymentID.instanceID-workerNumber.log. Use a text editor to view the log file.
Download Mule Logs:
Mule logs display the logs of the Mule runtime engine for CloudHub. The Mule log contains information about apps and lifecycle events. For example, the log records an entry when a Mule service or app starts, deploys, stops, or undeploys.
- In the Deployments section, select the date and worker for which you want to download Mule logs.
- Click the download icon for the worker and select Mule Logs.
- The arrow shows the icon to download Mule log output by deployment in the Deployments section.
- CloudHub downloads the Mule log output to a text file in the format appName-instance-instanceID-workerNumber-mule_ee.log. Use a text editor to view the log file.
Search logs with the text “Product offering flow Start” in tmf-620-product-catalog-mgt-exp-api.
Search logs with text “Starting flow” in product-lifecycle-proc-api
Search logs with text “Sending request to Aria PLM System API” in product-lifecycle-proc-api
Search logs with the text “Success Response received from Aria PLM System API”
Search for logs that contain specified values or search for logs by date and priority.
- Enter a value in the search box or click Advanced to search for logs for a specified time, day, date range, and message priority.
- Click Apply.
- Above figure shows:
(1) Advanced search and
(2) Priority on the Logs page
Search by Date and Time:
The Date & Time filter lets you search the log by specifying a date range. Possible values are:
- Last hour
- Last 24 hours
- Last Week
- Last Month
The Priority filter lets you view specific events in the log. You can also specify different priorities by typing priority<type> in the search box, as shown in the Command column in the table.