To set thresholds at the usage pool level, be sure the prerequisites are first fulfilled, then follow the steps below.
- The Plan assigned to the Account was not created with threshold defaults for the usage-based services it contains.
- The following events have been enabled:
- Account Message Type "MTD Unit Usage Threshold Over" Requires Sending
- Message Type "MTD Unit Usage Threshold Over" Sent to Account Holder
- Usage pooling is enabled and is turned on at the account level.
Enabling Usage Pooling and Setting Thresholds at the Usage Pooling Level
Getting Here: Search for an account > Usage tab > Unit-based Usage Monitoring tab
Note: If you cannot see the Unit-based Usage Monitoring tab, please see the prerequisite within Setting Up Usage Unit Thresholds.
- Select the checkbox next to the threshold you would like to set.
Notification column headers and input fields appear.
- Enter values for the Threshold Value, 1st level Notification, and 2nd level Notification.
- Click Save.
When the value of the usage pool for the usage type crosses the set threshold(s), the enabled events fire.