Note: Aria is no longer integrated with the Sabrix MTS tax service.
This article describes how to configure the Sabrix MTS tax service.
Before You Begin
Make sure you have completed the tasks described in Set Up Taxes.
Configuring the Sabrix MTS Tax Service
Getting Here: Click Configuration > Integrations > Taxation Configuration
- Click New to set up a Sabrix MTS-specific taxation configuration.
- Fill in all the required fields of a new taxation configuration (i.e. Status, Set Name, Set Description, and Countries).
For additional information, reference Create Taxation Configuration.
Note: Selected countries (in the right column) are the only countries that will be included for taxing in the Sabrix MTS integration. All other countries (in the left column), are either taxed using another taxation method, or are not subject to any taxes.
- Choose Sabrix MTS from the Method drop-down.
A new form populates, specific to the Sabrix MTS configuration, with Tax Group Configuration and Tax Config Values sections to complete. Fill in all fields within these sections, detailed below, before clicking Save.
Tax Group Configuration
Complete each section within the Tax Group Configuration based on the tax groups chosen. See below for information on what input is required for each section.
- Line/Attributes/ProductCode: The description or product code of the line item.
- Line/Quantity/UOM: The quantity or unit of measure (UOM) of the line item.
Tax Config Values
Configure the Tax Config Values section based on the tax groups chosen. For additional information on what input to provide for each field, reference the chart below.
Note: The Tax Config Value fields are at the client-level. Many fields in this taxation interface have a Supp Field Override field next to them. Where this field appears, you have the option, if account supplemental fields are configured, to select an account supplemental field to override the adjacent field. Use this field if any information must be passed at the account level instead of at the client level The values in the drop-down menu vary depending on the client.
- ShipFromAddress/Country: Country name or ISO country code where the shipment originates. See http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/country_code_list.htm for a list of allowable values.
- ShipFromAddress/PostalCode: US Postal Service ZIP code (five digits), or Postal Code for other countries, where the shipment originates.
- SabrixURL: Full URL to the tax service.
- SabrixUser: Sabrix Web Service API username.
- SabrixPass: Sabrix Web Service API password.
- Timestamp Expiration (seconds): Timestamp expiration time, for replay security. Use the WSSE security protocol.
- TaxRequest/ExternalCompanyId: The unique identifier of your business within the Sabrix MTS environment.
- ShipFromAddress/Address1 to 3: Street address (number, street, suite number) information where the shipment originates.
- ShipFromAddress/City: City name where the shipment originates.
- ShipFromAddress/County: US County where the shipment originates. This field must be blank if the shipment originates outside the United States.
- ShipFromAddress/State: For the US this is the two-digit state code or fully spelled out state name where the shipment originates. For Canadian addresses, this is the Province name. For international locations, consult your tax provider for the information to use in this field.
- ShipFromAddress/GeoCode: US Postal Service plus 4 code (four digits) where the shipment originates. Not used for other countries.
- Attributes/PointOfTitleTransfer: Defines where the shipment has left the ownership of the selling company. Allowable values are as follows:
- Origin: If goods are sold and picked up at the seller's site.
- Destination: If the goods are shipped to the purchaser's location.
- Attributes/DocumentType: Describes the kind of document sent to Sabrix. Documents could be electronic vs. physical, or specific tax documents that are related to a certain country or region. This field has no tax impact.
- Attributes/ExemptReason: Describes why a document/line is exempt from taxation. Allowable values are provided by Sabrix. This field must be blank unless a document/line is exempt.
- Line/Attributes/PartDescription: Text describing an individual line item or part of the overall product or service being delivered.