The Coupon Application Order client parameter governs the order that invoice coupons are applied based on the order in which that coupon was assigned to an account or to a master plan instance (MPI).
Note: This client parameter order functionality only applies to a coupon with discount rules.
- A value of LIFO (default), will result in a coupon to be applied to an invoice based on Last-In-First-Out coupon assignment order.
- A value of FIFO, will result in a coupon to be applied to an invoice based on First-In-First-Out coupon assignment order.
- When there are different levels of coupon applications (e.g., MPI and account), the MPI coupon assignment order will take precedence over account coupon assignment order.
- A more granular setting of coupon application order (e.g., coupon groups) will take precedence when in conflict with this parameter.
- When a group of coupons are assigned within the same second, the order of application will be in the order that Oracle pulls them.
- A consistent manner of applying coupons (e.g., from the same level) should be employed that works in conjunction with this parameter setting for the most predictable processing results.
- The parameter is editable, but best practice is to not change the parameter frequently. The change will be reflected on the next invoice (not going retroactive).
Set This Parameter
Getting Here: Click Configuration > Billing > Invoice Settings:
Double click on the invoice setting shown below.
- Select FIFO from the drop-down list to change coupon assignment ordering to "First In, First Out" for this setting.
- Click Save.
Repeat the previous steps and select LIFO to return this parameter to its default setting.