Enhancements and fixes to Aria functionality for this release are described below.
Stage Future Release Date
- Firefox 39
- Chrome 44
- Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
1024 x 768 or higher
On-Account Credit Memos (DEV-8268)
This feature introduces an on-account credit memo functionality. There are now four credit memo options, three of which are On-Account Credit memos and one of which is Invoice-based.
For more information on invoice-based credit memos, refer to Credit Memos.
On-Account Credit Memos
An on-account credit memo is created and then subsequently applied to open charges. The credit memo initially reduces the general account balance and can later be applied to one or more specific charges across multiple invoices.
To apply the credit memo, you must navigate to the existing credit memo (Payments & Credits > Credit Memo tab) and apply the credit.
The on-account credit memos include the following:
See below for descriptions of each.
The General credit can be applied to any invoice charge line and the total amount is provided by the user. This credit memo type can be used for goodwill for other similar purposes.
- Master Plan Instance not required
- Service Plan not required
The Price Change credit type is used to give credit for a retrospective change in prices. The user supplies an effective date and new price, and the system determines the difference between what had been billed and the new price had that price been used during the intervening period, including any tax amounts.
When you return to the credit memo to apply the amount, you have the flexibility to select a new application category. The initial configuration of the credit memo can be changed at the time of application.
Note: The difference can be positive or negative, but the credit memo process only supports a reduction in price in the form of a credit. It does not support a debit.
- Master Plan Instance required
- Service Plan required
The Calculate feature for this credit memo type works as follows:
- The set of invoice charges for that plan/service combination are determined.
- The amount is calculated by the value of the new price applied to the same period.
- The difference is proposed as a credit.
- If the value is negative, then the new price applied exceeds the original billed amount and no credit is created. The price change excludes voided, written-off, or pending invoices and the value returned is tax inclusive.
The Cancellation credit memo is for a retroactive cancellation of a service. By using this type, the user can supply the necessary information (date of cancellation) and the system automatically calculates the amount of the credit, including any applicable taxes, for the customer and returns an amount to the user as the credit amount.
- Master Plan Instance required
- Service Plan required
Working with Credit Memos
From the Credit Memo tab, you can create a credit memo or view an existing credit memo and see an overview of existing credit memos with Total Amount and Applied Amount of the credit memo. In addition, you can Void the memo from this screen.
Once a credit has been created, it can be voided, applied or revised from the existing credit memo screen.
Note: You cannot void an invoice that has a credit memo associated with it. You must void all associated credit memos before voiding an invoice.
Getting Here: Select an existing account > Payments & Credits > Credit Memos tab
Create a New Credit
Note: Prior to creating a credit memo, you must configure Reason Codes.
- Click New.
- Select a Credit Type. A field for Master Plan Instance Number and additional fields display.
- Select a Master Plan Instance Number.
- If applicable, select a Supplemental Plan Instance Number.
- Enter Comments to explain the reason for issuing the credit memo. These comments display internally. If you'd like to add a note for the clients invoice, click Add Customer Note.
- Complete the remaining fields. The fields displayed depend on the Credit Type selected.
- Select a Reason Code.
- Enter an Amount.
- Click Save. The credit memo displays on the Credit Memos tab for the account, and the credit memo lines display on the Transactions tab for the account.
Price-Change or Cancellation
- Enter a service name, number or plan instance number in the Credit Memo Lines field. Optionally, click Browse to search for and select a service. When browsing for a service, note that you can show/hide columns. The results displayed include the services associated with the Master Plan Instance and the Supplemental Plan services, if applicable.
Note: Selecting the service at this step does NOT apply a credit to the selected service. Selecting the service provides the amounts for the Calculate function described in step c. After the calculations have been completed, you may use the calculated amount or enter a different value.
Enter a Reason Code.
Enter an Amount or click Calculate. The Calculate feature uses the Start Date to calculate the price difference. All invoices generated from the start date to the current date are included. The difference can be positive or negative, but the credit memo process only supports a reduction in price in the form of a credit. It does not support a debit.
Click Next and confirm the credit memo. The credit memo displays on the Credit Memos tab for the account, and the credit memo lines display on the Transactions tab for the account.
- Select an invoice to which you want to apply a credit memo. The following types of invoices are not displayed on the list:
- Invoices that have already been voided
- Child invoices, when account hierarchies are used with the parent pay option
- Invoices with no lines upon which the credit memo can be applied
- Pending invoices
- Invoices that have any refund-related reversals
- Invoices that have already been rebilled
- Enter the credit amount for each line item. This amount must be greater than 0. Note that the maximum amount equals the original line item amount minus any previously applied credits, including credit memos.
Note: After you enter an amount, the client tax engine calculates the tax amount that must be credited. Entering the full amount of the line item may not result in a zero invoice balance due to tax calculations.
- Click the page icon to optionally add a comment for any line items.
- Click Next to continue. The details for the credit memo display, including any credit for taxes.
- Click Save to create the credit memo. Confirm that you want to save the credit memo. The credit memo displays on the Credit Memos tab for the account, and the credit memo lines display on the Transactions tab for the account.
Apply, Void, or Unapply a Credit Memo
After a credit memo has been created, it can be applied to the account or voided. Once applied, it can be unapplied or voided.
Getting Here: Select an existing account > Payments & Credits > Credit Memos tab > Select an existing credit memo
- You can click Void to cancel the credit memo. The credit memo is removed from the invoice and displays as Voided on the Credit Memo page and the voided credit memo lines display on the Transactions tab for the account. If you void a credit memo, the entire credit memo is voided. You cannot void individual lines on a credit memo. You cannot void a credit memo if it is applied to an invoice when the invoice is rebilled.
- Clicking Apply opens a window to select which line items to apply the credit memo. If you specified a specific application case when you created the credit memo, this displays by default. You can search for different line items using any of the available search parameters and select a new application.
- Click Unapply opens a window to revise the application amount, or remove it entirely.
Statement Manager Performance Improvement (DEV-8515)
This feature improves the overall performance and efficiency of the Statement Manager.
Mailer Job Improvements (DEV-8519)
This feature improves the overall performance and efficiency of the Mailer, which sends notifications to customers.
- Copy plan validation message was not displayed for short plan names (TICKET-14813)
- Passwords were not masked in the Collection acct group UI edit screen (TICKET-14944)
- Error when saving translations on a plan (TICKET-15189)
- Usage threshold notification emails were not sent to customer (TICKET-15216)
- Setting notification method to: PDF (Printing Required) did not allow 'Print & View' of statement (TICKET-15311)
- Preview next statement generated unexpected error (TICKET-15354)
- Create/update recurring credit template caused internal error (TICKET-15359)
- Usage accumulation value was not set up correctly (TICKET-15406)
- User defined error" ocurred when recalculating an advanced invoice (TICKET-9586)
- Creating Rebill via UI using Internet Explorer was not working (TICKET-15224)
- Event 720 occurred even though plan was already assigned to account (TICKET-15230)
- Could not view plan instance fields in Aria UI when one of the fields has more than three values (TICKET-15243)
- Billing Contact was not saving (TICKET-15336)
- Line items were out of order on rebill statement template (TICKET-15442)
On-account Credit Memos - API (DEV-8268)
The following APIs have been introduced to support on-account credit memos:
Applies credit memo line credits to invoice gross line amounts
Unapplies credit memo line credits from invoice gross line.
Provides the credit memo line amount. The credit memo line amount is determined by summarizing the charges for a given service over a stipulated time period. The exact behavior is specified by the credit reference type.
- Issues in create_surcharge_m API (TICKET-14398)
- Supplemental plan related 'po_num' field value was not returned in get_account_details_m API. (TICKET-14616)
- Multiple issues with create_supp_obj_field_m API (TICKET-14950)
- Billing_group_no and client_billing_group_id not displayed in get_inv_no_from_bal_xfer_m API response (TICKET-15022)
- “Invalid input” is generated while passing resp_level_cd as 1 with parent_acct_master_plan_inst_id via "assign_acct_plan_m" (TICKET-15093)
- Plan was not getting rollover for child account (TICKET-15096)
- Get_credit_reason_codes_m was not returning the credit reason codes. (TICKET-15108)
- Payment collection was not done during the plan rollover and future plan assignment (TICKET-15153)
- Could not update a plan instance field via API (TICKET-15174)
- Get_plans_by_promo_code_all_m: Data was not retrieved when "include_translations" was provided as "true" or "false" (TICKET-15227)
- Get_plan_instance_information_m did not return all values for multi-valued product fields (TICKET-15253)
- Get_acct_plans_all_m not returning svc_location_ details (TICKET-15308)
- Specifying alt_bill_day results in future change being created (TICKET-15321)
- Aria Billing Cloud: proration service credits not returned in get_unapplied_service_credits_m response (TICKET-15344)
- Get_supp_obj_fields_m API response for array fields - mismatch with documentation (TICKET-15345)
- get_usage_history_m JSON errors (TICKET-15352)
- Delete_bundles_m error message was not readable for blank bundle_no (TICKET-15358)
- Admintools API - AUT Framework issues (TICKET-15360)
- Get_discount_bundle_details_m API generated improper error message for empty bundle_nos (TICKET-15362)
- Supplemental Fields API changes failed on reaching maximum number of allowed values for a client (TICKET-15379)
- Delete_product_field_category_m API returns error_message instead of error_msg (TICKET-15386)
- Create Product Field Category API generated internal server error (TICKET-15394)
WSDL File Locations
Object Query WSDL Files