Enhancements and fixes to Aria functionality for this release are described below.
Production Release Date
- Firefox 39
- Chrome 44
- Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
1024 x 768 or higher
- Statement Sending Configuration Page Updates (DEV-8036)
- Chase Paymentech Salem Recurring Transaction Configuration Options (DEV-7853)
- Chase Paymentech Salem Support for Level 2 and 3 Data Processing (DEV-8239)
- Deadlock Detected While Uploading Plans to Aria (DEV-8346)
- Default Rate Schedules for All Currencies in Staging Environments (DEV-8389)
- Updated Handling of Countries with USPS for Avalara (DEV-8112)
Statement Sending Configuration Page Updates (DEV-8036)
This feature updates the Statement Sending function in the Aria UI. Previously, the function restricted certain zero-balance statements from sending. The layout of the page has changed to better reflect how the options interact with one another
The revised Statement Sending function only restricts statements if at least one of the three zero-amount invoice statement sending parameters is enabled (the main one and either/both of the two sub-selections). You can specify exceptions for certain transaction types by clicking Add Exceptions. If the exceptions are on a zero-balance statement, then the statement is still sent.
Getting Here: Click Configuration > Notification > Statement Sending
Check or uncheck the appropriate value based on your business needs, and click Save when you are done.
You can suppress the following types of statements:
- Non Self-pay child accounts
- If there is no valid form of payment
- If the balance is zero
When you check If the Balance is zero, you see additional options that allow you to limit zero-balance statements and/or zero balance invoices. If only zero-balance statements are suppressed, then a zero-balance invoice for an account causes a statement to be generated. If only zero-balance invoices are suppressed, then a zero-balance statement is generated.
You can add exceptions when suppressing zero-balance statements and invoices. The exception checks for the existence of the selected transaction types on zero-balance statements\invoices. Note that the exception takes effect only when the primary settings are suppressing the statement. For example, if a cash credit is applied to an account, then the statement is sent because the cash credit exists. Adding an exception if zero-balance statements/invoices are not suppressed has no effect.
Anything other than invoice line items (service charges, discount/service credits, taxes, surcharges) are outside the invoice. So it is possible to have a zero-balance invoice, but not a zero-balance statement for the same account. The breakout between invoice and statement balances ensures backward compatibility with current functionality. Aria recommends that clients use the statement balance setting rather than the invoice balance setting.
Chase Paymentech Salem Recurring Transaction Configuration Options (DEV-7853)
This feature adds two new configuration options for use with the Chase Paymentech payment gateway. You can now specify whether initial and recurring transaction types are automatically set to recurring transaction types that may result in lower transaction fees. This option is available when creating and editing the Chase Paymentech payment gateway, and also when assigning collection groups to this payment gateway.
Getting Here: Click Configuration > Payment Gateways > New > Chase Paymentech
When you create or edit a Chase Paymentech payment gateway, or a collection group associated with the payment gateway, you see the following options:
- Send Transaction Type as Recurring for Initial Request Where Possible: If set to True, the initial transaction for an account when purchasing a recurring service is specified as a recurring transaction. If set to False, then the previous default behavior applies.
- Send Transaction Type as Recurring for Subsequent Requests: If set to True, all transactions for an account that purchase a recurring service, other than the initial transaction, are specified as a recurring transaction. If set to False, then the previous default behavior applies.
When creating/editing a collection group associated with this payment gateway, Use Payment Gateway Settings, is added to the list of options, and is the default selection.
Chase Paymentech Salem Support for Level 2 and 3 Data Processing (DEV-8239)
This feature adds level 2 and 3 data processing support to the Chase Paymentech Salem payment gateway. Level 2 data is for determining a card's Affluence, which may influence your marketing initiatives, and Level 3 includes invoice line item details that allow our clients to receive lower transactional fees from credit card processors. To receive these benefits, contact Chase Paymentech Salem to verify that they are enabled at Chase for your merchant accounts.
Deadlock Detected While Uploading Plans to Aria (DEV-8346)
This feature addresses an issue that caused an error when changing a large number of future plans. When modifying a plan using the edit_plan_m API, while the plan was being modified by an executing batch process, the update would stop before being completed. This has been corrected.
Default Rate Schedules for All Currencies in Staging Environments (DEV-8389)
This feature adds default rate schedules for all currencies to all staging environments. Previously, only some currencies had default rate schedules in staging environments, but Aria is now ensuring that all currencies have default rate schedules. This eliminates a possible error condition in staging environments that had prevented an account from being created.
Updated Handling of Countries with USPS for Avalara (DEV-8112)
This feature updates the handling of country codes for Avalara. If any country listed below is specified as the country code in the Aria contact information, Aria updates the country code to US and adds the specific country code as the state prior to sending the information to the Avalara tax service.
This feature applies to the following country codes:
- American Samoa (AS)
- Guam (GU)
- Marshall Islands (MH)
- Micronesia (FM)
- Northern Marianas (MP)
- Palau (PU)
- Virgin Islands (VI) - this is US Virgin Islands
For example, if the country code passed is 'GU' (Guam) in the contact, it is updated to country code as 'US' and state as 'GU' when sending the request to the Avalara tax engine. Note that the original country code is still included in the database tables.
- Unapplied payment not re-applying to open charges (TICKET-12612)
- Auto-Send Email parameter on Supplemental Plan Assignment/De-assignment not honored (TICKET-14066)
- Syntax error returned when user clicked Edit button in billing group (TICKET-14113)
- Multiple pending invoices were allowed for an MPI when there are SPI-only invoices (TICKET-14494)
- Client Bundle ID and Description not displayed fully in list page (TICKET-14896)
- Could not create invoice using retroactive_start_date and alt_bill_day (TICKET-15139)
- Replace/Remove/Change Plan buttons removed from UI (TICKET-15162)
- When voiding an invoice with both Usage and Recurring in Arrears services, next invoice showed incorrect Service Dates (TICKET-15172)
- Error generated when enable_single_line_upgrade parameter was set to true (TICKET-15187)
- Account was created when master plan was missing mandatory supplemental plan (TICKET-15215)
- Supplemental Field Type Date was not honoring Date Format Mask client setting on statement template (TICKET-15254)
- UI format issues (TICKET-15307)
- Some future queued batches did not execute when multiple plan replacements were configured with the same effective dates. (TICKET-15399)
- User could not create write off (TICKET-15474)
<do_write> Added to create_cm_m (DEV-8258)
A <do-write> boolean input has been added to create_cm_m. This input supports providing relevant tax information prior to committing a credit memo and addresses the EU requirement for customers to know tax amounts prior to generating an invoice.
Added Service Code Input to create_advanced_service_credit_m (DEV-8354)
An input field for <service_code_option> has been added to create_advanced_service_credit_m which defines which service to use as the template for taxation on the service credit.
This new field has three allowable values:
- Null: If no value is entered for <service_code_option>, the value entered in <alt_service_no_to_apply> or <client_alt_service_id_to_apply> is used. If a value is also not entered for <alt_service_no_to_apply> or <client_alt_service_id_to_apply>, the universal service is used.
- Standard: Aria’s universal service is used to apply the service credit excluding taxes.
- Alternative: The service associated with the service credit can be selected using the <alt_service_no_to_apply> or <client_alt_service_id_to_apply> input fields. Tax handling for the service credit reflects the settings for the service credit selected.
- Same as the charge line item: The service associated with the service credit matches the charge line item. This results in tax handling that matches the original charge.
<do_write> Boolean Input Added to gen_rb_m (DEV-8261)
The <do_write> boolean input has been added to gen_rb_m. If no value is supplied for <do_write>, the default of true applies.
To support the function of <do_write>, outputs regarding invoice information (such as tax details, service number, addresses, etc.) have been added to the gen_rb_m API. For a complete list of outputs, refer to gen_rb_m.
- Edit_acct_plan_queued_changes_m did not delete queued future plan change (TICKET-14157)
- One invoice per master plan instance was created when creating an account with retrospective start date (TICKET-14276)
- Coupon not applied to invoice (TICKET-14985)
- Unexpected error for create_advanced_service_credit_m API when applying to Activation Service (TICKET-15223)
- Get_acct_preview_statement_m was generating "unexpected error" (TICKET-15301)
WSDL File Locations
Object Query WSDL Files